6"x18" Meat & Cheese Charcuterie Board
You have purchased an elite, one-of-a-kind work of art. Now, let us keep it as beautiful as the day you bought it.
Care and Maintenance of Your New Cutting Board and/or wood product.
To keep your cutting looking great, follow these simple steps:
- Hand wash your board (both sides) after each use. Never submerge in water or put it in a dishwasher.
- Dry your board with a towel immediately after washing.
- Depending on amount of use, regularly apply J&L Artistry Wood Butter (once a month for best results).
- Store in a dry place.
Repair Scratches and Ridges
If the board gets heavily scratched and/or ridges are present, follow these simple steps:
- Make sure your board is dry and sand smooth again with 220 grit sandpaper.
- After sanding and wiping free of dust, apply a fresh coat of J&L Artistry Wood Butter
Sanitize and Deodorize (cutting boards)
Sanitize with Vinegar
To disinfect and clean your board, wipe it with full-strength white vinegar after each use. The acetic acid in the vinegar is a good disinfectant, effective against such harmful bugs as E. coli, Salmonella, and Staphylococcus.
Remove Odor with Lemons
If your cutting board has an order after chopping onions, crush garlic, cut raw and cooked meat and chicken, or prepare fish, get rid of the odor and help sanitize the cutting board by rubbing it with the cut side of half a lemon. You can also wash your cutting board in undiluted lemon juice from a bottle.
Jeff and Lauren Bedwell, Owners